In order to make our classroom a comfortable and encouraging learning environment, everyone is expected to abide by the following policies.
- Please treat other students, the instructor, and guests with courtesy and respect.
- Bigotry or prejudices of any kind will not be tolerated.
- Please listen when others are speaking.
- Remove your earbuds or headphones during class lectures, discussions, group work and exams.
- Please do your best to be on-time for class. If you are late, enter quietly and find out what you missed from another student during a break or after class.
- Please take your breaks during the break times. Do not leave the classroom in the middle of lectures or exercises.
- If you need to leave, please exit quietly without disrupting the class.
- For the courtesy of others, including the instructor, put cell phones and other noise makers on silent mode or turn them off. If you need to take a call, for some urgent or emergency reason, then please let the instructor know before class and then answer the call outside of the classroom.
- Do not disrupt the classroom.
- No food in the classroom and drinks only in a spill-proof container.
- The computers are in the classroom for instructional purposes relating to the current topic.
- Do not install any software on the computers in the classroom unless instructed to by an instructor.
- Do not change the desktop or default configurations of the computer unless directed to by an instructor.
- Any misuse of the equipment will not be tolerated.
- During class, you may use the computers in the classroom only at specified times, except with prior permission from the instructor.
- The computers cannot be used for any other purposes during class (excluding breaks) including:
- No surfing other web sites
- No using email
- No chatting or instant messaging
- No playing games
If you cannot abide by these policies, please withdraw from the class.