In order to make our classroom a comfortable and encouraging learning environment, everyone is expected to abide by the following policies.
- Please treat other students, the instructor, and guests with courtesy and respect.
- Bigotry or prejudices of any kind will not be tolerated.
- Please listen when others are speaking.
- Please do your best to be on-time for class. If you are late, enter quietly and find out what you missed from another student during a break or after class.
- Please take your breaks during the break times. Do not leave the classroom in the middle of lectures or exercises.
- For the courtesy of others, including the instructor, put all pagers and cell phones on silent mode or turn them off. If you need to take a call, for some urgent or emergency reason, then please let the instructor know before class and then answer the call outside of the classroom.
- The computers are in the classroom for instructional purposes relating to the current topic.
- Do not install any software on the computers in the classroom unless instructed to by an instructor.
- Do not change the desktop or default configurations of the computer unless directed to by an instructor.
- Any misuse of the equipment will not be tolerated.
- During class, you may use the computers in the classroom only at specified times, except with prior permission from the instructor.
- The computers cannot be used for any other purposes during class (excluding breaks) including:
- No surfing other web sites
- No using email
- No chatting or instant messaging
- No playing games
- Some students may need to conduct tasks not associated with the class topic such as contact with work.
- This may include using a personal laptop or a classroom computer.
- If this is your situation, please discuss this with the instructor prior to class.
- If you receive permission from the instructor, please sit in the last row so you do not distract the students sitting behind you.
If you cannot abide by these policies, please withdraw from the class.