Using Tutors Effectively
- Sometimes homework seems difficult.
- One solution is to use tutors
- However, you must use a tutor effectively to succeed in a course
- Try your homework on your own before you ask a tutor for help.
- If you get stuck, prepare a specific question and then ask for help
- Ask tutors to show you similar examples rather than the answer to your homework.
- If you do not understand what a tutor suggests, then ask them to explain.
- If a tutor suggests program instructions we have not covered, then ask them how to approach the problem differently
- Do not expect a tutor to tell you what you missed in class. You are responsible for reviewing the lecture notes.
- Do not expect the tutor to know about your assignment.
- Do not allow the tutor to do your work for you.
- Do not copy code from a tutor or write down what a tutor says into an assignment.
- Do not use program instructions suggested by a tutor that we have not covered during the course.
- If you do not know what we have covered, review the lecture notes!
Computer Science Tutoring Online
While our class is online we can access tutoring during regular STEM hours as follows:
LIVE In-person and Remote CS/CIS Tutoring