Table of Contents
- Prepare for the midterm.
- Help other students study for the midterm.
Read the Scholastic Honesty Policy and Assignment Integrity policies of the syllabus. Here are some clarifications for this particular lab:
- You must write the answers and questions yourself and not copy from another person or source.
- You may discuss the test questions with other students for this lab.
- You may get ideas for test questions from other students, but must write the actual question in your own words.
- For any ideas you use from another student or person, you must give them credit by stating their name in parenthesis like: (idea for this question was from Emma Programmer).
In addition, read the Assessment Integrity part of the syllabus to ensure you understand what is expected of you during an exam.
There are two parts to this assignment with different due dates.
- The first part is to help you prepare self-study questions for the midterm exam for yourself and other students. This part is due two days before the exam at the start of class.
- The second part is to complete a review question worksheet, which is due before you take the exam.
Part 1: Self-Study Question Specifications
This part is to help you prepare self-study questions for the midterm exam.
- For your assigned topic from class, look through the lecture notes and textbook to gain an in-depth understanding of the material.
- Prepare a list of five (5) five potential multiple choice exam questions on your assigned topic, using the instructions from assignment 5.
- Each question must have four or more plausible answers, of which one is correct.
- Add answers at the end of the questions such that people can read the questions without easily seeing the answers.
- After developing your questions, have another student try the questions and provide feedback. Correct any issues discovered with this quality check
- At the top of your posting, include the name of the student who proof-read your questions and vouch for their correctness, like:
Questions proof-read by: Emma Programmer
- Post the questions in the Discussions area of Canvas titled "Midterm 2 Study Questions" at least two days before the exam.
Please post in the text box provided. Do NOT upload the questions as an attachment. However, you may upload attachments for images or other supporting files.
Part 2: Self-Study Question Review
After the due date for posting questions is over, complete the peer review before the exam as follows:
- Return to the assignment in Canvas and view the list of peer reviews assigned.
- For each of the reviews, complete the rubric provided and give specific feedback in Canvas.
Part 3: Exam Planning
Turn in this boss plan two days before the test.
- Open the survey in this link
- Download the document by following the menu File > Download as > Plain Text (.txt), and save the file as
- Fill out the survey completely without deleting any of the existing text.
- Submit the
examplan.txt file with the rest of the assignment as described in Deliverables.
Part 4: Review Worksheet
Complete the worksheet here. Turn in your handwritten answers on paper before the test.
The instructor will evaluate your lab using the following criteria. Thus you should check your assignment against these criteria to maximize your score.
Self-Study Questions (12)
- 1 point for each question developed. (5 possible)
- 1 point for each question with plausible incorrect answers that are free from clues about correct responses. (5 possible).
- 1 point for reviewing your questions with another student of the class.
- 1 point for providing answers to your questions.
- -1 per question that is not multiple choice with 4 answers. (-5 possible)
- -1 per question with irrelevant or unclear material. (-5 possible)
- -1 per question with spelling or grammar errors. (-5 possible)
- -1 per answer that is not credible. (up to -5 possible)
- -1 per question that is similar to another question posted previously.
- -1 for each missing peer review.
- -2 per missing question and answers.
- -5 if the questions are not posted at least two days (48 hours) before the exam.
- No points awarded if the questions are not posted before the exam.
Midterm Exam Plan
- 4: Student completed and submitted the plan with masterful effort
- 3: Student completed and submitted the plan with substantial effort
- 2: Student completed and submitted the plan with minimal effort
- 1: Student submitted the plan with little to no effort
- 0: No plan submitted
- 1 point for each Review Topic completed correctly and completely. (8 possible)
- -1: point for NOT reviewing with another student.
- -1: point for workwheet not clearly labeled with question and answer numbers.
- 0 points if answers are typed and not handwritten.
Total possible points: 24
Turn in your work as follows:
- Post the Self-Study Questions in the Discussions area of Canvas named "M2 Study Questions: Midterm 2" two days before the exam.
- Submit your
examplan.txt file to Canvas in A10: Midterm 2 Preparation.
- Turn in your Review Worksheet paper to the instructor on the day of the exam but before the midterm exam starts.
Last Updated: April 28 2018 @16:00:04