Table of Contents
- Prepare for the midterm.
- Help other students study for the midterm.
Read the Scholastic Honesty Policy and Assignment Integrity policies of the syllabus. Here are some clarifications for this particular lab:
- You must write the questions and answers yourself and not copy from another person or source.
- You may discuss the test questions with other students for this lab.
- You may get ideas for test questions from other students, but must write the actual question in your own words.
- For any ideas you use from another student or person, you must give them credit by stating their name in parenthesis like: (idea for this question was from Emma Programmer).
In addition, read the Assessment Integrity part of the syllabus to ensure you understand what is expected of you during an exam.
There are two parts to this assignment with different due dates.
- The first part is to help you prepare self-study questions for the midterm exam for yourself and other students. This part is due two days before the exam at the start of class.
- The second part is to complete a review question worksheet, which is due before you take the exam.
Part 1: Self-Study Question Specifications
This part is to help you prepare self-study questions for the midterm exam.
- For your assigned topic from class, look through the lecture notes and textbook to gain an in-depth understanding of the material.
- Prepare a list of five (5) five potential multiple choice exam questions on your assigned topic, using the instructions from assignment 5.
- Each question must have four or more plausible answers, of which one is correct.
- Add answers at the end of the questions such that people can read the questions without easily seeing the answers. Make sure the questions and answers are numbered with the answers clearly and correctly identified for each question.
- After developing your questions and answers, have another student try the questions and provide feedback. Correct any issues discovered with this quality check
- At the top of your posting, include the first and last name of the student who proof-read your questions and vouches for their correctness, like:
Questions proof-read by: Emma Programmer
- Post the questions in the Discussions area of Canvas titled "D2 Midterm 2 Study Questions" at least two days before the exam.
Please post in the text box provided. Do NOT upload the questions as an attachment. However, you may upload attachments for images or other supporting files.
- After the exam, correct or respond to any issues discovered by other students reviewing your work.
Screen Shot: Feedback Video
Part 2: Self-Study Question Review
After the due date for posting questions is over, complete the peer review before the exam as follows:
- Return to the assignment in Canvas and view the list of peer reviews assigned.
If you do not see the list, you need to submit your own questions first.
- Each student name is a link; click the link to view the students work.
- In the upper right hand corner click the Show Rubric link and fill it out as you review the work. Click Save Comment to save your review.
- Leave a general comment in the Add a Comment box (optional) and press the Save button to save your review.
Part 3: Exam Planning
Turn in this exam plan two days before the test.
- Get a copy of your plan from the first midterm.
If you do not have a copy, download your plan from Canvas. If you did not complete the plan then do so now following the instructions for assignment 5, Part 2: Midterm Plan.
- To the end of your existing exam plan document, add the following three topic headings
Keep the previous topic headings (1-7) but add these three new headings with their item numbers.
- Stop: if any of your strategies from midterm 1 were ineffective, consider stopping them and replacing them with other study methods. List any strategies you plan to stop under the heading Stop with a short explanation.
- Continue: List any strategies from midterm 1 you plan to continue under the heading Continue.
- Start: list new strategies that you feel will support your success under the heading Start with a brief description.
- If you have no updates for a particular heading, add the word "none".
- Make sure to list all resource useage plans and other strategies under Stop, Start or Continue for full credit, which includes:
Strategies other than the above may be added but these must be included.
- Lecture Notes (Yours and Instructors)
- Projects, labs, and posted solutions
- Practice exam, prior quizzes and practice questions
- Instructor, SI and tutors
- 3x5 Reference Card
- Submit the complete and updated
examplan.txt file with the rest of the assignment as described in Deliverables.
Part 4: Review Worksheet
Complete the worksheet here. Turn in your handwritten answers before the test by taking a picture of each page and uploading the images to Canvas.
The instructor will evaluate your assignment using the following criteria. Thus you should check your assignment against these criteria to maximize your score.
Self-Study Questions (12)
- 1 point for each question developed. (5 possible)
- 1 point for each question with at least three plausible incorrect answers that are free from clues about correct responses. (5 possible).
- 1 point for reviewing your questions with another student of the class.
- 1 point for providing answers to your questions.
- -1 per question that is not multiple choice with 4+ possible choices. (-5 possible)
- -1 per question with irrelevant or unclear material. (-5 possible)
- -1 per question with spelling or grammar errors. (-5 possible)
- -1 per answer that is not credible. (up to -5 possible)
- -1 per question that is similar to another question posted previously.
- -1 for each missing peer review.
- -2 per missing question and answers.
- -5 if the questions are not posted at least two days (48 hours) before the exam.
- No points awarded if the questions are not posted before the exam.
Midterm Exam Plan (4)
- 4: Completed or updated the submitted plan with masterful effort including document content, structure, grammar and spelling.
- 3: Completed or updated the submitted plan with some effort. All topics completed but some content seems minimal. Writing may have structural, grammatical or spelling errors.
- 2: Completed or updated the submitted plan with minimal effort. Some content missing or incomplete.
- 1: Submitted plan with little to no effort. Content is substantially incomplete but was submitted.
- 0: No plan submitted.
Review Worksheet (8)
- 1 point for each Review Topic completed correctly and completely. (8 possible)
- -1: point for NOT reviewing with another student.
- -1: point for worksheet not clearly labeled with question and answer numbers.
- 0 points if answers are typed and not handwritten.
Total possible points: 24
Turn in your work as follows:
- At least two days before the midterm, post the Self-Study Questions in the Discussions area of Canvas named "D2-Midterm 2 Study Questions"
- Submit your
examplan.txt and worksheet images files to Canvas in A10: Midterm 2 Preparation
Please do not zip these files.
Last Updated: April 20 2020 @17:17:42