Table of Contents
- Get you ready for the week's lessons.
- Introduce or review the following concepts:
- Object references (review)
- import statements
List (the BIG topic)
- generic types
- for-each loop
Read the Scholastic Honesty Policy and Quest and Lab Integrity policies of the syllabus. Here are some clarifications for this particular lab:
- This is a solo lab that you must complete individually.
- You may discuss the code with other students for this lab.
- You must type all the code yourself and not copy from another student or source.
- Make sure you have completed the exercises from lesson 7.
- Complete the Chapter 6 exercises in CodeLab. These are review exercises and you have all the information needed to complete them. If you have questions, please contact the instructor for help.
- Scan the textbook chapter 7 to get an overview of the material.
- Complete the in-chapter exercises 7.1 through 7.14 that are listed throughout chapter 7.
You can download the starting files from: Book scenarios.
- Follow the exercise steps exactly and read the textbook as you progress through the chapter to enhance your understanding.
For those exercises steps that have a text answer, open the Scenario Information (Scenario > Scenario Information) and type the exercise number and answer after the existing Scenario Information. For example, here are my answers to the first few exercises:
Exercises with Text Answers
7.1: The Block moves back and forth. A Leaf added to the world bounces around the world. All the code is familiar.
(more answers needed...)
- Add the following to the top of the Scenario Information with the "VERSION or DATE" and "AUTHORS" fields filled in:
PROJECT TITLE: Lab 7
PURPOSE OF PROJECT: Book tutorial chapter 7
VERSION or DATE: 1.0 The date completed
AUTHORS: Your name here
- Upload the completed scenario files to Canvas as explained in the section of this document: How to Submit.
The instructor will evaluate your lab using the following criteria. Thus you should check your lab against these criteria to maximize your XP.
Lesson Exercises (from Class)
- 2: All lesson exercises attempted and turned in
- 1: Some lesson exercises not completed and turned in or other problems found
- 0: No lesson exercises turned in or wrong folder name
Tutorial Lab (Textbook)
- 4: Demonstrates mastery of the lab exercise:
- Applies concepts from the lessons appropriately
- Follows the steps exactly
- Exercises perform correctly
- 3: Has all the major functionality expected:
- Demonstrates many techniques from the lesson
- May deviate from the specified steps in some way
- Implementation seems more complicated than necessary.
- 2: Has much of the functionality expected:
- Demonstrates some techniques from the lesson
- Deviates from the specified steps in some way
- Implementation seems excessively complicated.
- 1: Serious functional problems but shows some effort and understanding:
- Follows at least 1/2 of the of the specified steps
- Has a major error (detected by the browser) or many minor errors
- Demonstrates few techniques from the lesson
- 0: Not turned in or wrong folder name
Number completed correctly / number exercises * 8 and rounded up to the nearest integer.
Maximum XP: 14
How to Submit
CodeLab is submitted automatically, but other lab work must be submitted as described below.
- On your computer, create a folder for the lesson exercises named "lesson" (no extra characters) and place all the exercise files from Lesson 7 into this folder. There only need to be two files: trace.txt and loop.txt. The bubbles scenario is optional as you will be extending it for the next quest.
- Create a second folder named "tutorial" (no extra characters) and place the entire scenario from this lab into the folder. There should be only one scenario, autumn leaves. Do NOT include any files from previous labs.
- Create a zip file containing both folders, and submit the zip file to the Lab 7 slot of Canvas.
Please do not add any extra characters to the above folder names. Also, do not put any spaces or special characters like #, : or $ in zip file or folder names. Your crafted code must work as submitted. Remember to test and double check your files before and after submitting them. If you make a mistake, you can resubmit up to the deadline but must resubmit all your quest files.
| Room Policies
Last Updated: January 11 2018 @21:31:11