Table of Contents
- Review file IO syntax.
- Start getting ready for the final exam.
Read the Scholastic Honesty Policy and Quest and Lab Integrity policies of the syllabus. Here are some clarifications for this particular lab:
- This is a solo lab that you must complete individually.
- You may discuss the code with other students for this lab.
- You must type all the code yourself and not copy from another student.
- Make sure you have completed the exercises from lesson 14.
- Complete the Extra: File I/O exercises in CodeLab. These are review exercises and you have all the information needed to complete them. If you have questions, please contact the instructor.
- Complete the Final Lab Problems and make sure your final project has in-game instructions, which could be like the instructions part of this lab.
You may make modifications to the above lab as long as the lab grading criteria below is met.
The instructor will evaluate your lab using the following criteria. Thus you should check your lab against these criteria to maximize your XP.
Lesson Exercises (from Class)
- 2: All lesson exercises attempted and turned in
- 1: Some lesson exercises not completed and turned in or other problems found
- 0: No lesson exercises turned in or wrong folder name
Number completed correctly / number exercises * 8 and rounded up to the nearest integer.
Final Lab Exercises
Everyone starts with 4 points and points are subtracted for the following problems.
- -3: No Instructions object.
- -2: No stream opened to read from a JAR file.
- -2: Instructions not visible in the scenario.
- -1: Instructions/title not visible before scenario starts.
- -1: Missing the "instructions.txt" file in the scenario.
- -1: Not reading from the "instructions.txt" file in the scenario.
- -1: Not closing the file stream.
Maximum XP: 14
CodeLab is submitted automatically, but other lab work must be submitted as described below.
- On your computer, create a folder for the lesson exercises named "lesson" (no extra characters) and place all the exercise files from Lesson 14 into this folder. The exercises include the platformer scenario with these files included:
- Create a second folder named "tutorial" (no extra characters) and place the entire finalprac scenario from the Final Lab Problems into this folder. Do not include files from previous labs.
- Submit both zip files to the Lab 14 slot of Canvas.
Please do not add any extra characters to the above folder names. Also, do not put any spaces or special characters like #, : or $ in zip file or folder names. Your crafted code must work as submitted. Remember to test and double check your files before and after submitting them. If you make a mistake, you can resubmit up to the deadline but must resubmit all your quest files.
| Room Policies
Last Updated: May 14 2018 @14:01:49