Table of Contents
- Get you ready for the week's lessons.
- Introduce or review the following concepts:
- Overloading of constructors (review)
- Overloading of methods
- constants (review)
- Color class (review)
- Calculating vectors
- Calculate gravity
Read the Scholastic Honesty Policy and Quest and Lab Integrity policies of the syllabus. Here are some clarifications for this particular lab:
- This is a solo lab that you must complete individually.
- You may discuss the code with other students for this lab.
- You must type all the code yourself and not copy from another student or source.
- Make sure you have completed the exercises from lesson 8 as they are submitted as part of this lab.
- Complete the Chapter 8 exercises in CodeLab. These are review exercises and you have all the information needed to complete them. If you have questions, please contact the instructor for help.
- Scan the textbook chapter 8 to get an overview of the material.
- Start with Newtons-Lab-1 from the Book scenarios.
- After downloading, remove the following statement in both
- Complete the in-chapter exercises 8.1 through 8.33 that are listed throughout chapter 8.
- Follow the exercise steps exactly and read the textbook as you progress through the chapter to enhance your understanding.
For those exercises steps that have a text answer, open the Scenario Information (Scenario > Scenario Information) and type the exercise number and answer after the existing Scenario Information. For example, here are my answers to the first exercise:
Exercises with Text Answers
8.1: Default Bodies just sit in space.
(answer needed for 8.1, 8.2, 8.3, 8.4, 8.6, 8.7, 8.9, 8.11, 8.13, 8.14, 8.17, 8.18, 8.19, 8.20, 8.23, 8.27, 8.28, 8.29)
- Add the following to the top of the Scenario Information with the "VERSION or DATE" and "AUTHORS" fields filled in:
PROJECT TITLE: Lab 8
PURPOSE OF PROJECT: Book tutorial chapter 8
VERSION or DATE: 1.0 The date completed
AUTHORS: Your name here
- Upload the completed scenario files to Canvas as explained in the section of this document: How to Submit.
The instructor will evaluate your lab using the following criteria. Thus you should check your lab against these criteria to maximize your XP.
Lesson Exercises (from Class)
- 2: All lesson exercises attempted and turned in
- 1: Some lesson exercises not completed and turned in or other problems found
- 0: No lesson exercises turned in or wrong folder name
Tutorial Lab (Textbook)
- 4: Demonstrates mastery of the lab exercise:
- Applies concepts from the lessons appropriately
- Follows the steps exactly
- Exercises perform correctly
- 3: Has all the major functionality expected:
- Demonstrates many techniques from the lesson
- May deviate from the specified steps in some way
- Implementation seems more complicated than necessary.
- 2: Has much of the functionality expected:
- Demonstrates some techniques from the lesson
- Deviates from the specified steps in some way
- Implementation seems excessively complicated.
- 1: Serious functional problems but shows some effort and understanding:
- Follows at least 1/2 of the of the specified steps
- Has a major error (detected by the browser) or many minor errors
- Demonstrates few techniques from the lesson
- 0: Not turned in or wrong folder name
Number completed correctly / number exercises * 8 and rounded up to the nearest integer.
Maximum XP: 14
The CodeLab due today is submitted automatically, but other lab work must be submitted as described below.
- On your computer, locate the folders and files for:
- bubbles scenario Lesson 8
- Newtons-Lab scenario (from the textbook chapter 8)
- Create a zip file named
lab8.zip containing both folders. Submit the zip file(s) to the Lab 8: Newton's Lab slot of Canvas.
Please do not add any extra characters to the above folder names. Also, do not put any spaces or special characters like #, : or $ in zip file or folder names. Your crafted code must work as submitted. Remember to test and double check your files before and after submitting them. If you make a mistake, you can resubmit up to the deadline but must resubmit all your quest files.
Last Updated: March 18 2020 @16:41:17