Table of Contents
- Prepare for the midterm.
- Help other students study for the midterm.
Read the Scholastic Honesty Policy and Quest and Lab Integrity policies of the syllabus. Here are some clarifications for this particular lab:
- You must write the questions and answers yourself and not copy from another person or source.
- You may discuss the test questions with other students for this lab.
- You may get ideas for test questions from other students, but must write the actual question in your own words.
- For any ideas you use from another student or person, you must give them credit by stating their name in parenthesis like: (idea for this question was from Emma Programmer).
In addition, read the Assessment Integrity part of the syllabus to ensure you understand what is expected of you during an exam.
Preparing Exam Questions
This lab is to help you prepare self-study questions for the L33t Boss Event (midterm exam 2).
- For your assigned topic from class, look through the lecture notes and textbook to gain an in-depth understanding of the material.
- Prepare a list of five (5) five potential multiple choice exam questions on your assigned topic, using the instructions from lab 5.
- Each question must have four or more plausible answers, of which one is correct.
- Add answers at the end of the questions such that people can read the questions without easily seeing the answers. Make sure the questions and answers are numbered with the answers clearly and correctly identified for each question.
- After developing your questions and answers, have another student try the questions and provide feedback. Correct any issues discovered with this quality check
- At the top of your posting, include the first and last name of the student who proof-read your questions and vouches for their correctness, like:
Questions proof-read by: Emma Programmer
- Post the questions in the Discussions area of Canvas titled "Midterm 2 Study Questions".
Please post in the text box provided. Do NOT upload the questions as an attachment. However, you may upload attachments for images or other supporting files.
The instructor will evaluate your lab using the following criteria. Thus you should check your lab against these criteria to maximize your score.
Self-Study Questions (12)
- 1 point for each question developed. (5 possible)
- 1 point for each question with at least three plausible incorrect answers that are free from clues about correct responses. (5 possible).
- 1 point for reviewing your questions with another student of the class.
- 1 point for providing answers to your questions.
- -1 per question that is not multiple choice with 4+ possible choices. (-5 possible)
- -1 per question with irrelevant or unclear material. (-5 possible)
- -1 per question with spelling or grammar errors. (-5 possible)
- -1 per answer that is not credible. (up to -5 possible)
- -1 per question that is similar to another question posted previously.
- -1 for each missing peer review.
- -2 per missing question and answers.
- -5 if the questions are not posted at least two days (48 hours) before the exam.
- No points awarded if the questions are not posted before the exam.
Total possible XP: 12
At least two days before the midterm, post the Self-Study Questions in the Discussions area of Canvas titled "D2: Boss L33t Study Questions".
Last Updated: March 31 2020 @01:01:05